Front Office Manager Cover Letter
Front office managers are responsible for supervising the support staff to ensure that there is timely completion of work and efficiency. Their other responsibilities are allocation of office resources, training the employees, issuing deadlines and upholding some of the company policies. Additional duties like evaluating and interviewing the job performance of the employees is also an important task for them.
The essential skill required for this position is communication skill, since one of their major roles is listening to the demands of the manager and relaying the same information to the employees on regular basis. Some of the other skills required for this profession are decision making, time management, and problem solving. Except for these skills, you will have to write a cover letter when you step out for a job hunt. While writing a cover letter, there are a few things that you must avoid, like:
- The start of your letter should never be "To Whom it may Concern." Take some time out to do research for finding out the name of the person whom this letter will be directed to. If you are not able to find out whom you need to address the letter, then simply address it to, "The Head of the Department," or "Human Resources"
- Never keep your letter "I" or "My" focused. Try to start your sentences with different structures and focus on the results and achievements
- Do not keep your cover letter for more than one page. One page is more than sufficient to add your details and skills
- Do not add unnecessary information. It can be very tempting to add some incidents from your life, but it is not the right place to add your life history
Cover letters have to be short, simple, and precise. If you are still confused then follow this sample front office manager cover letter.
8472 Shallow Lane
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
Mr. Matthew John
284 Park Street
Date: July 14, 2011
Dear Mr. John,
I am excited to see your job posting on www.seek.com for the position of Front Office Manager for your new district headquarters. I cannot wait to submit my resume, which is attached with this letter for your review.
I am currently working as an office manager for a financial services firm, Deloitte. At this organization, I am supervising a team of 15 people and coordinating all the office functions. My strengths lie in improving the office systems and building a good top-performing clerical team has earned me repeated recommendations and a good formal recognition by the company CEO.
Your new district headquarters will benefit from my managerial and administrative skills. I offer:
- More than ten years of experience in leading a good front and back office administration and serving a well qualified senior executives and assistants
- Excellent office management skills, including supervising and hiring clerical staff; event planning, calendaring and scheduling; making reports; administering the systems of record management; and making PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong abilities in anticipating executive needs, follow-up on every detail and handling sensitive issues
- Remarkable computer proficiency, along with a strong foundation in MS Office Suite, QuickBooks and Lotus Notes
I am confident that I will be able to manage and organize your new headquarters for creating a smooth running environment. If you think that my passion and qualifications for your organization will make a strong addition in your team, then you can contact me at 384-284-1755 or e-mail me at email@example.com for a meeting. Thank you for giving me your valuable time, I look forward for a reply from you.
You can follow this format and make your own cover letter. Good luck!
Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.