Use and Importance of Computers in Education Essay
1639 WordsMay 7th, 20117 Pages
Use and Importance of Computers in Education
Many technological advances have been made throughout history making life easier, one of which is the computer. Computers have changed the world, as a lot of things can now be done through computers. Computers are everywhere at school, at work, and at home. Many daily activities either involve the use of or depend on information from a computer. Over the past decade, the number of schools with computer and the Internet access has grown exponentially, and the number of children going online from school has followed suit.
The first computer Atanasoff Berry Computer (ABC) was developed in 1942. Historians divide the history of the modern computer into generations, beginning with the…show more content…
Kids with special needs can use alternative input and output devices (assistive technologies) to interact with computers and do things that they normally could not accomplish independently. They benefit especially from having access to an on-demand, patient tutor that allows them to work at their own pace.
Computers improve both teaching and student achievement. Across the world children have entered a passionate and enduring love affair with the computer. Thus, when used for educational programs, what attracts the children most is not the beauty of or interests in the content being learned, but these are video effects of the computer. It is a great need that children and young people have to learn computers now otherwise they will fall behind in their future search for professional jobs and career.
Computers these days have become so easy to use and learn. The online tutorials are becoming so powerful that any one will be able to learn how to use computers very fast at any age. The use of computers will be part of on-the-job training, provided by the enterprises themselves. It is a fact that many adults are afraid of computers, but the person will not be the case with children who were born after the introduction of personal computers.
As of today, more than 70 percent of colleges offer some sorts of distance learning classes. Distance learning makes students independent. Not only distance learning, computer based teaching itself is also very
Introduction: Be it offices, hospitals, malls or just homes, computers are everywhere! They help us with calculations, storing data, staying organized and also entertain and inform us.
Computers add speed and accuracy in various methods and so, they help us save time and money too!
Computers have made important contributions in various fields including science, technology, education, society and many more!
Meaning of Computer: Computers can be defined as electronic devices that receive, store and process the input data to generate the right output. In order to receive the right and desired output, one should enter the right information or data in computers.
Computers process various types of data, which is entered by users. These electronic devices execute a number of programs to achieve the correct result.
Computers also act as highly reliable scientific equipment. They receive and store data and carries out logical and mathematical calculations too to provide fast and accurate results. These days, computers are used in various fields and at almost every place!
Importance of Computers
Let us find out the significance of computers in our daily life:
- Education – Computers have a great contribution in the education field. The internet enabled computers do not only provide important knowledge and information on every subject, but they also connect students across the world. Moreover, the concept of smart classes, ebooks, multimedia learning, etc., has become possible only because of computers.
- Internet – With the help of internet on computers we stay connected with our friends and family. Computers provide us information and also entertain us. Today, we just need to type a word in the search engine and numerous pages open up for providing information on that particular word! Computers are extremely helpful in the distribution of information and knowledge. Also, we can watch movies, videos, news, etc., on computers with internet. Computers also help us generate money as there are many jobs and businesses that can be done online. Moreover, the online banking systems, online shopping and similar internet supported concepts on computers help save our time as well as money.
- Calculation: While computers carry out calculations and store and process data at office, they are also useful at home for many domestic tasks. For instance, they help us calculate the household budget by storing every day/monthly essential data.
- Help Businesses to grow – Regardless of being small or big, various businesses maintain their books of accounts in computers. Also, there are various online methods like email campaign, social media marketing, etc., that help businesses to promote and grow. Computers also provide quick & reliable electronic receipts in supermarkets and at various other places too. They are also widely used at hospitals for storing and retrieving patient information.
- Entertainment – Computers are great sources for entertainment. They give us plethora of choices when it comes to entertainment. We get to listen to music, watch movies and videos and chat with our friends with the help of computers.
Conclusion: Computer is one of the best gifts of technology! They are a pack of entertainment, information, knowledge and intelligence. Undoubtedly, computers have made significant contribution in human life and progress, but we suggest that one should not become a slave of technology! What we exactly mean to say is that we should spend time in front of screen with a purpose and meaning and that, we should always remember that the real world lies off-screen!
Category: BlogTagged With: Science and Technology