Sales Manager Cover Letter
Sample sales manager cover letter that can easily be adapted to create your own compelling letter.
A resume without a cover letter often lands up in the trash can. A well written and insightful cover letter provides concrete evidence of your suitability for the sales manager job opportunity.
Take time to target your cover letter to the specific job and persuade the employer that you are the right job candidate.
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Contact Job Title
Company City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms Last Name
Your recent advertisement for a Sales Manager has captured my serious interest. I am confident that my X years experience as a sales professional provides me with the capabilities to be a valuable asset to your organization. The enclosed resume reflects a well qualified and success-driven candidate for this job.
Some key points that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- successful track record of providing and driving powerful strategic vision to maximize growth and profitability
- achievement of an average X% sales growth over the previous 3 years
- conversion of over X% of customers to "repeat order" accounts
- identification and penetration of new markets to build market share by X%
- effective introduction of new product lines and programs to a diverse customer base
- efficient implementation of operational planning to achieve aggressive budget goals
- proven history of recruiting and developing top performing sales teams across X territories
I am positive that I can deliver the results you are looking for and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
This sales management resume can easily be adapted for your own use.
The full sales manager job description will assist you in developing your job application.
There are a number of core sales management behaviors that will ensure success in your job. These can be articulated in your sales manager cover letter to highlight your suitability for the opportunity.
In-demand Sales Manager Competencies
- superior communication skills - verbal and written
- high level of presentation skills
- effective negotiation skills
- coaching and motivation skills
- high energy level and stress-tolerance
- high degree of strategic planning
- strong relationship-building skills
- well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
Sales Manager Job Applications
Sales Cover Letter
Sales Resume Objectives
Sales Manager Cover Letter Tips
Sales Manager Interview Help
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Sales Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Dear Mr. Stephens,
I was excited to learn of the Sales Director position available at Sheffield Industries and am submitting my name. I have a proven track record directing and developing sales and my numbers speak for themselves. In addition to successfully completing a corporate sales training program I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and six years of experience.
As a sales director my focus is on identifying and developing sales leads for company products. When needed I engage in cold calling to develop prospects. Additionally I have excellent writing abilities and am able to analyze markets and prepare reports. While working at BMI industries I increased the customer base by twenty-five percent through utilizing effective sales development strategies. My success rate resulted in greatly increased corporate profits and a stronger market presence for the company. My functional sales skills help me to build leads and follow through on them as I always keep the corporate interests in mind.
Sheffield Industries will be acquiring top talent with selecting me as the new Sales Director. I can be reached any time either via telephone or email to schedule an interview. I will forward my resume and references as requested and wait for your call.